Sunday, July 5, 2009

Crossing the Rockies


On Memorial Day weekend, we drove out to Montana to look at an Electric Vehicle that was converted by JB (http://mt-ev.blogspot.com). This one is a 1988 Honda Civic. It's intended as a city car, like a Zenn. It's got a 72V system installed, with six 12V lead acid batteries.

The drive out there was interesting. I'm an east coast boy; I've been in every state east of the Mississippi River except Vermont. But as such, I've always flown to the west coast, and in the 10 years I've lived in the Seattle area, I haven't done much traveling. So driving to Montana added 2 new states to my list: Idaho and Montana! The drive across the Rockies was beautiful. And, incidentally, our gas-powered 2002 Corolla averaged 42 mpg on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment